West Meon Parish Council
Quick Guide to Reporting Crime
Only call 999 if:
- A crime is happening now (or just happened)
- You have immediate concerns for someone’s safety
- You see a traffic collision involving injury or danger to other road users.
- You see something suspicious that needs immediate attention
Not an emergency
Call 101 to report:
- crimes that are not in progress
- Suspicious people or vehicles
- Non urgent information
- Criminal damage / theft / theft from a vehicle (this can also be reported on-line at www.hampshire.police.uk )
For general information and advice go to www.hampshire.police.uk
Use Crimestoppers if you don’t want to talk to the police. You can report any crime or suspicion without giving your name by calling: 0800 555 111
This is not an emergency service – for a crime in progress - call 999
Fraud, Scams & Cyber crime
- If you are a victim of fraud involving credit/debit cards, cheques or on-line banking – immediately notify your bank.
- If you have lost money to a fraud or cyber-crime
Go to www.actionfraud.police.uk or 0300 123 2040 and get a crime number.
- Report attempted fraud or cyber-crime giving phone numbers and other details to ActionFraud
- Help disrupt fraudsters by reporting scam e-mails to Action Fraud.
- Doorstep crime/cold callers - get advice from Trading Standards Quick Response Team by calling (Mon-Fri 9 am to 5 pm) 01962 833666.
For all other hours contact 101 (or 999 if you feel threatened).
- Criminal damage / theft / theft from a vehicle :
You can report these crimes online at www.hampshire.police.uk
- Fraud, attempted fraud and scam e-mails :
You can report online at www.actionfraud.police.uk
- Any crime or suspicion about a crime you can report in confidence to www.crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information/give-information-online
70+ Common Scams and ways to avoid them can be found by using this link